Thursday, September 25, 2008

Man I Forgot To Think Of A Title Before Posting.

Okay so five o clock came and went and no call from the recruitment agency. I kind of can't beleive it - i am so qualified for the role i am practically overqualified and yet i can't even get this role. So what am I supposed to make of that. I'm not good enough to answer phones and type documents for 8 weeks? Ah god i am over it.
I went for another walk this afternoon just because i was feeling antsy; i had to admit its a lot cooler around 4pm then it is first thing in the morning. I ambled along watching other people live their lives, driving, mowing the yard, talking to neighbours. People driving, i wonder where they are going, and what they are thinking when they see me loping down the road with my water bottle and my slightly scowled expression. The aircraft jets were playing their war games in the sky above so the noise kept drowning out my headphones - i am concious of turning them up to loud; i hate when i am lying in bed at night and hear ringing. I start to panic that i am going deaf and that i will never listen to my headphones again. But all is forgotten by morning. Lord Stinkypants was most disappointed that i went for my second walk without him - i call still see the look of abandonment on his face and he stared after me through the fence. But I am sorry mate I wanted to walk, not stop every 5 minutes to sniff grass and mark your territory for some invisible foe that you will never meet. If i am going to go walking it has to have some benefit either aerobically or fat burning.
I feel like writing, creatively i mean, as in fiction. But i cant think of a story or plotline that i haven't lifted from something that has already been written. I am very good at daydreaming and have an overactive imagination which i am sure i can utilise however none of these have plots so would be incredibly boring after about 10 pages. Seeing as that is the case I thought I would try my hand at some fan fiction; the characters are already fleshed out. However there is something that seems to be stopping me. As if there is a little voice in my head saying "it won't be that good a story so why waste your time on it when you could be doing other things". This is a voice that i hear a lot and that same phrase could be applied to a lot of other scenarios. And it wins. Pretty much all of the time. It keeps me in my shell, my boring shell, my lonely shell. I just go around in circles - i wish i had a life but the voice in my head says its too much work and that its going to be a waste of time so don't bother. So I don't. Then i lament my lack of fun, friends and happiness etc.
So can someone out there please give me a metaphorical kick up the ass.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP