Monday, October 6, 2008

All Hail Lord Stinkypants.

As I write this Lord Stinkypants is asleep on the rug, flat out, the only movement is the rise and fall of his fat little tummy as he dreams away. His lordship is a master of sleeping; he trains for hours a day perfecting his technique, using the left side and the right, balancing on his back, legs in the air. On the chair, on the rug, in the bean bag, in the hallway, outside my bedroom door if i am inside, by the front door, by the back door. He is truly an allrounder, worthy of a gold medal.
I feel bad about this though. I think he got his laziness from me. It's like I brought him down to my level of apathy. And now he's firmly entrenched in it. And unlike me he is not enthusiastic about going for any long walks. He likes to go for his morning walk but that is really only about half a kilometre if that. And it's mostly stop start because he has to sniff the grass along the way. Make sure his territory is still marked and all that. And then claim his territory. I often wondering what he is thinking when he is so intently sniffing the grass. Is he picturing other dogs that have been there? Can he smell some food? Wouldn't surprise me if he could, its the only thing that is on his radar.
Anyways I did get to go for a walk this afternoon. I had fallen asleep this afternoon after playing Mahjong Solitaire (you have to concentrate and it's probably more thinking then I have done all week) only to discover at 4pm that it was sunny. So off i trotted with the aim of going down to the shops to get Vegemite and Grazia. I made it down there just on 5pm and got vegemite but there was no Grazia magazine in Bi-Lo. I was planning to walk back via the service station to try my luck however by now the sky had turned a dark grey and there was a major wind blowing. It almost took my cap off on another occasion. It looked like it was going to rain so i called in the troops to pick me up. Of course it didn't rain but had I not called it would have poured.
I better sign off now as I am trying to do too many things at once.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP